Friday, May 06, 2011

My Girlfriend’s Place Glamour Studio Moves to Downtown Clayton

“My Girlfriend’s Place Glamour Studio” is now located in downtown Clayton. Owner Dawn Thompson-Black and her husband, Paul, moved the spa to The Southern Traditions House at 115 E First Street in downtown Clayton, just a block north of Main Street, along with “Sherry’s Signature Cheesecakes” and “Lizardwebs”.

“My Girlfriend’s Place” is a full-service salon and spa including eyelash extensions, permanent make-up, a private nail department, manicures, highlights, hair design and more.

Dawn Thompson-Black has been in the beauty industry since 1985 as a practitioner with many of the Triangle area’s well-known hair designers, and as a teacher at Johnston Community College. The Clayton native said, “I have always wanted to own my own spa in Clayton and after 18 years of working for the same large spa chain, my husband and I decided to open on our own.”

“My Girlfriend’s Place” opened two years ago on US 70 Business and needed to expand. Downtown Development Coordinator Bruce Naegelen said, “We are glad Dawn & Paul saw growth potential by moving their business to downtown Clayton. They have done an excellent job of designing their new space and bring their excellent reputation with them, too.”

Located in the recently named “Southern Traditions House” at 115 E First Street, different departments of “My Girlfriend’s Place” are located on the first and second floors of the grand Queen Anne-style house which was built around 1915.

“My Girlfriend’s Place” is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm and by appointment by calling (919) 585-1221 or by visiting their website at http://www.mygirlfriendsplace-glamourstudio.com/.

No comments: