Tickets are available for the Clayton Downtown Development Association's 2010 Awards Dinner on November 8 at the Clayton Steakhouse.
The event begins with a social hour at 5:30 pm and program and dinner at 6:30 pm.
Tickets are just $25 per person and include a dinner choice of steak, chicken or tilapia, with beverage and dessert.
The 2010 “Think Downtown” Awards categories include:
• Outstanding Downtown Business
• Outstanding New Downtown Business
• Outstanding Staff Person within a Downtown Business or Organization.
Other recognitions will include two facade awards, DDA Volunteer of the Year and the announcement of Clayton’s 2010 NC Main Street Champion, who will also be recognized at the NC Main Street Annual Awards Dinner in Shelby on January 27.
The DDA’s Organization Committee Chair, Betsy Grannis said, “This is our opportunity to publicly recognize the people and businesses that are making a difference in downtown Clayton.”
Highlights of the program will include a brief review of DDA’s accomplishments this past year, recognition of outgoing DDA members and a Silent Auction. A social time with a cash bar will begin at 5:30 pm.
Guest speakers will be:
• Clayton Town Manager Steve Biggs, who will discuss two downtown construction projects: the Town Lot Project at Lombard & Main and the new Clayton Law Enforcement Center project.
• Teresa Watts, Assistant Director of the NC Main Street Center will briefly discuss the NC Main Street Conference which will be hosted in Clayton in January 2012.
Last year’s event was a “smashing success,” said DDA Chairman, Ed Knight, and he expects the dinner to be sold out again this year, too.
Tickets for the DDA Annual Awards Dinner are available. All DDA board members and committee members will have them for sale and they are also available at these locations:
Awards & Engravables, 327 E Main Street
Clayton Steakhouse, 307 E Main Street
Fancy That, 120 E Main Street.
Main Street Jewelers, 236 E Main Street
For more information please contact Downtown Development Coordinator Bruce Naegelen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 553-1545 x5403
Photo from the 2009 Awards Dinner