Monday, October 04, 2010

Large Crowd Helps Re-open All Star Park

More than 100 residents crowded into All-Star Park & Pavilion for official dedication ceremonies Sunday afternoon and heard praise from town officials and community residents alike for the facility and the community cooperation that made it possible.

Community resident Janet Richardson, whose Mt. Vernon Christian Church Dancing Angels provided entertainment for the assembled crowd, called the upgraded park "a special place."

"It's a blessing," she told the crowd. "It's a blessing that we know our children can come here to play."

Town Councilman R.S. "Butch" Lawter said the project "is unique in the amount of community involvement we've had."

"I remember when I first moved here, this is the first park I came to with my daughters," Lawter said. "I look at it now, and it's amazing. I hope that this will be a place where many happy times will be shared."

Full Article on All Star Park Dedication

No comments: