Monday, October 19, 2009
Town Council Candidates Meet the Public Oct. 22
Candidates for the three Town Council seats to be filled at the upcoming town election will be available to meet the public and answer questions this Thursday, Oct. 22 at a public meeting hosted by the Clayton News-Star newspaper.
The meeting will be held at 7 pm in the Council Chambers of the Clayton Center.
Absentee voting in the Nov. 3 election has already begun. The three expiring Council seats presently belong to Bob Satterfield, Michael Grannis and Bob Ahlert, who also serves as Mayor Pro Tem. All three are seeking reelection.
They are being challenged by Steve Agbayani, Michael Carrothers, Russell Cotten, Brooks Remencus and Art Holder.
Here are important dates to remember:
• Oct. 15 - One-Stop Absentee Voting begins at Johnston County Elections Office in Smithfield from 8 am to 5 pm
• Oct. 27 - Last day to request an absentee ballot
• Oct. 31 - Last day for One-Stop Absentee Voting
• Nov. 3 - Election Day
Here is a list of the voting sites in Clayton:
• Precinct 09 East Clayton - Clayton Fire Station #2 on 42
• Precinct 10a North Clayton 1 - Clayton Fire Station on Horne Street
• Precinct 10b North Clayton 2 - American Legion Building
• Precinct 11a West Clayton 1 - Mount Calvary Baptist Church
• Precinct 11b West Clayton 2 - Clayton Middle School
• Precinct 36 South Clayton - The Church at Clayton Crossing
• Precinct 29a Archer Lodge - Archer Lodge Middle School
Posted by Bruce at 6:54 PM