What does a fast-growing town do during an economic slowdown?" That's the theme of the Triangle Business Journal event at The Clayton Center on February 26 from 8-9:30 am. (register here)
Clayton has chosen to double down on public infrastructure spending. This 14,000-resident town is spending millions on parks, street improvements and public facilities. Will those investments pay off? Is Talecris Biotherapeutics' $250 million expansion only a first of many new additions?
The State of Clayton event will explore that and other business and economic development issues at this panel event.
* Friday, February 26, 2010
* The Clayton Center, 111 E. Second Street, Clayton, 27520
* 7:30 AM registration and continental breakfast
* 8:00 - 9:30 AM program
* Cost: $25
* Steve Biggs, Town Manager
* Jackie Ring, Chief Operating Officer, Johnston Medical Center, Clayton
* Mary Kuhn, Executive Vice President of Operations, Talecris Biotherapeutics
* Bobby Lewis, Division 4 Engineer, North Carolina Department of Transportation
* Katharine Neal, Assistant Secretary, NC Department of Commerce
Have an interest in Clayton? Or simply looking for new business opportunities? This event could inject some fresh ideas. So, go ahead and sign up. REGISTRATION